Information about Derek Yu's latest shareware game is finally out. Aquaria
is set to be released in early 2007, and was submitted as an IGF competition entry
More details available from Derek's blog
and the official site
Top ten things you need to know about Aquaria:
1. Shareware, non-linear 2D adventure game with underwater setting.
2. Mouse-only control scheme with 360 degrees movement.
2. Several times bigger than Eternal Daughter.
3. Very little text dialogue, only voice narration.
4. Main character has to sing to cast spells.
5. Change form using spells, each with a different playing style.
6. No HUD or health gauges, only one mini map on bottom right of screen.
7. Some puzzles, no keys to collect, lots of optional areas to explore.
8. Huge bosses, some occupying half the screen.
9. Price: 20 USD. Platform: PC. Release date: Spring 2007.
10. It's cool.