by Tale-of-Tales, makers of The Endless Forest, is a single-player horror game currently in production that I've been following for awhile. It's hard to describe, so I'll quote from its website:
- play six different characters with distinct personalities
- interact with autonomous characters driven by Drama Princess technology
- unique free-form gameplay: do what you want when you want it
- mix the music in realtime through in-game activity
- lose yourself in an endless forest filled with attractions and atrocities
The Path has no goals, and although it might sound like an adventure game, it really isn't like that either, as there are no puzzles to solve and no predefined progression, and no plot. I imagine it like Silent Hill, but without the gameplay or gore, but retaining the frightening atmosphere, a game that you'd wander around in a forest, not to do anything, but just to feel a bit eerie.
There's currently no download, but you can see a trailer on its website.